Sizing and Returns
Our sizing is a bit different! Each size variation covers a range of sizes. The easiest way decide which size may be best is to compare your dress size to the chart below.
Our Petite size is intended to fit women sizes 0-4 (XS-S) and has a more shallow open back ideal for anyone shorter than average. The bust opening measurements for the Petite is 37"
Our Standard size is intended to fit women sizes 6-14 (M-L) and has a deeper low back than the petite size. The bust opening measurements for the Standard is 42.5"
Our Full Figure size is intended to fit women sizes 16-22 (XL-XXL) and has an open back equal in length to the standard size. The bust opening measurements for the Full Figure is 47"
Our Curve size is intended to fit women sizes 24-30 (XXL) and has an open back equal in length to the standard size. The bust opening measurements for the Curve Figure is 52"
Please check out our size chart and compare. Note that under-bust can be tightened with the gown's tie. The shoulder strap that sits on the neck is adjustable and exists to keep the gown from falling off your shoulders. If the adjustable piece of the gown is bothersome, it can be removed! If you choose to remove the adjustable piece you may tie the two ends, or some choose to sew them together.
Pay close attention to the depth of the low back. If the depth of the open back is too low it can be revealing, if it is too high and you intend to get an epidural, you anesthesiologist may ask you to remove the gown for your epidural placement. Please measure from the base of the neck down towards the tail bone to determine if the low back depth will be appropriate for you.
If our sizing does not accommodate your body type there is also an option to request a custom gown! Our custom gowns take 8 weeks to create because we source the material separately and must create a custom pattern, so be sure to reach out to us early. A custom gown fee may also apply. Instructions for ordering a custom gown:
- Reach out via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide applicable body measurements (ex. if you need a larger bust, provide bust measurements, or if you wish to have a longer gown provide a length measurement). Provide details about your desired color and whether you want a set or a gown by itself. Tell us whether you want your custom gown to be modeled after our Lila, Amelia, or Juliet styles or if you want it to have features of more than one of these styles. We may not be able to honor every design request but we will try!
- When you have provided all of the details you may select the product within our shop that most closely matches your request (Choose a set rather than a separate if your custom gown order will include a swaddle and hat). Include the custom gown fee in your order as well, this is important because it helps us identify your order as a custom order and prevents us from fulfilling your order.
- Note that a custom gown is not refundable, so ensure your measurements and details are accurate to what you need. Once an order has been paid we can begin the creation of your gown!
It is important that all customers inspect their purchase for defects prior to wearing or washing. Ensure the gown fits and that buttons are secure. Note our return window and ensure you are happy with your gown before adding it to your hospital bag.
If you are not completely happy with your purchase, please read our returns policy and conditions carefully to ensure you are eligible to return. All eligible returns are accepted for a refund and will be issued back to the original form of payment.
Please note the returns process for your location to ensure the return is processed promptly and correctly.
- Items must be returned within *30 days from the date of delivery as evidenced by postage, in new and unused condition with all original labels/tags attached.
- Items must be unaltered, undamaged, and unwashed, while in the customer’s possession.
- Items must be free from any markings, make-up, self-tanner, odors, pet hair, perfumes, deodorant, and washing powder.
The customer is responsible for all return shipping costs. Returns and exchanges may be subject to a $10.00 per gown restocking & Cleaning fee. Please keep a record of tracking information in case your return shipment is lost or damaged. Customer is responsible for filing a claim with USPS if their return is lost or damaged before it is received by LILA LLC.
Please allow for up to 3 business days for us to prepare and ship your order. We ship domestic orders with Canada Post Priority 3-day shipping. This means it typically takes 5 to 7 days to receive your order.
We work to ship all of our orders as quickly as possible but when we experience a high demand for our products it may impact our processing times.
Please note that processing times are different than shipping times. Selecting an expedited shipping option will expedite the transit for your order to you once it has been shipped by us but will not expedite our processing times. We do however make special notes of orders with upgraded shipping when we can. If you need your order processing expedited, please reach out to our store via email and while not all requests for expedited processing can be achieved, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.